Season One, Episode Ten
Detroit comedian Sal Demilio joins Mike Geeter and Seth Resler to talk about the season one finale of Comedy Central’s Detroiters.
Here’s what they discussed:
- Sal got his start at Mark Ridley’s Comedy Castle. Mark was the guest on our first episode.
- A Boston Cooler is a drink with vanilla ice cream and Vernors Ginger Ale.
- Home Improvement‘s Tim Allen is from Detroit. Guest star Richard Karn is not.
- Dave Coulier will give a show on ‘Failing Your Way to Success‘ at the Comedy Castle on July 9th.
- Fuller House is the Full House reunion show now on Netflix.
- Detroit is represented by an old English “D.”
- Kid Rock voiced several commercials in this episode.
- Eminem voiced a Chrysler commercial years ago.
- John Mason is the Pistons announcer. His catchphrase is “Detroit Basketball!”
- The Detroit Historical Museum is a fun weekend trip.
- Detroit Lions running back Mel Farr made numerous car commercials.
- Sal would like to see a parody of the Lovers Lane commercial.
- Rick Mahorn was a Detroit Piston superstar.
- Former Detroit Tigers pitcher Jack Morris mowed his own lawn.
- Little Caesars and Quicken Loans are two huge Detroit companies.
- Actress Lisa Lauren Smith, who played the acting teacher at Planet Ant, is from Detroit.
- The Quicken Loans meeting was filmed at the Compuware building near Campus Martius.
- All the Fixins is a parody of a Chitlin Circuit play such as those by Tyler Perry.
- Awrey’s Bakery is a Detroit area staple.
- Sam Richards addressed the Coney Island controversy in a Michigan Radio interview.
- Sal runs The Comedy Room in Wyandotte.
- The Holly Hotel is a great place to see a show.
- Q: Riley Sheahan scored the last Red Wing goal at Joe Louis Arena. Who scored the first?
- A: Dennis Sobchuk.
- Food: Z’s Villa.
- Drink: Towne Club Soda.
- Entertainment: Parade Day (the Sunday before St. Patrick’s Day).
Subscribe to the Podcast: