Season One, Episode Six
Detroit Metro Times Editor-in-Chief Lee DeVito and Web Editor Jack Roskopp join comedian Mike Geeter and Seth Resler to discuss episode 6 of Detroiters. They talk about pedal pubs, fowling, and the “Save Detroit” narrative.
Here’s what they discussed:
- Author and journalist Aaron Foley was on a previous episode of our podcast.
- The Pedal Pub is a parody of Detroit’s Cycle Pub.
- The Metro Times is headquartered in Ferndale.
- Punchbowl Social and The Magic Stick in Detroit have bowling alleys.
- Blac also covers issues of city life in Detroit.
- Lee used to write for Hour Detroit.
- Fowling is a combination of football and bowling.
- Detroit movie critic Armond White wrote the only negative review of the movie Get Out.
- The Detroit Metro Times reported on Comedy Central’s credit card snafu promoting the premiere of Detroiters.
- The DIY Street Fair in Ferndale features lots of Detroit t-shirt companies.
- Kid Rock got a shoutout in this episode.
- Q: What warm-blooded meat are Detroit Catholics allowed to eat during Lent?
- A: The muskrat.
- Food: Sgt. Pepperoni’s Pizzeria & Deli.
- Drink: Bell’s Two-Hearted Ale.
- Entertainment: Bowling at The Magic Stick.
- Food: Kuzzo’s Chicken and Waffles.
- Drink: Rochester Mills Beer Co.’s Milkshake Stout.
- Entertainment: Mo Pop Festival.
Subscribe to the Podcast: