Season One, Episode Eight
Lailani Ledesma, the actress who plays Lea on the Comedy Central show Detroiters, talks to Detroit comedians Mike Geeter and Seth Resler about how she landed the role, what it’s like to work on the set, and getting renewed for a second season.
Here’s what they discussed:
- This episode focuses on the Woodward Dream Cruise.
- This episode of the podcast was recorded at the Detroit Institute of Music Education.
- The Movement Festival is a huge techno festival in Detroit.
- Lailani was discovered while working at Antietam.
- Detroit produces lots of t-shirt lines, including Detroit Vs. Everybody and Detroit Hustles Harder.
- Pat Vern Harris plays Sheila.
- Berkeley let Detroiters film the Dream Cruise scenes in their town when another city (Royal Oak?) refused.
- This week’s guest stars included Trick-Trick, Michael Che, and Cecily Strong.
- Q: What are two sub-genres of music birthed in Detroit? And who were their forefathers?
- A: Techno (Belleville 3) and Motown (Berry Gordy).
- Food: The Clique Restaurant and Taqueria Lupitas.
- Drink: Motor City Wine in Corktown.
- Entertainment: Cinema Detroit.
Subscribe to the Podcast: